Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

thimbles



Thimbles a love hate can't do without them thing. I have many but these two are the go to one's. the yellow one I love because it wont hurt my finger. the metal one is generic from Hancocks or JoAnn's I like the rim hated that it hurt my finger. I had DH take it to the shop and hit it with a heavy hammer making it oval shape. That really helped. The finger in the photo just shows what quilting for too long a time will do to a joint. The box I love we found it at a junk shop someone made it from a drawer. I love how it holds thread I carry it to my easy chair with quilts to sew on bindings. check out Bonnies site to see more thimble stories. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Dar said...

Shirley,
I have recently bought a thimble like your yellow one and can only use it if I've cut or broken my fingernail on the thimble finger. Thanks for sharing your thimbles.